Hello you crazy book lovers you! Happy hump day again! Summer time is coming to a close which is making my summer heart so sad! I love summer time, camping, camp fires, and late nights. Today I actually planned stuff for this post… I am so unbelievable proud of myself you guys! I am learning how to plan and organize (shhh don’t tell the husband or that pesky blue Allison). So without further ado let’s talk about zombies!
Okay bear with me you guys. I know that for awhile there it was such a huge topic and everyone was obsessed because it was the cool thing to do but let me be clear here. I have always been obsessed with zombies. Always! I remember when the husband and I first moved in together we would go to Hollywood Video and rent any and all zombie movies. There was definitely some horrible movies out there but it was still fun and I loved hanging with the husband watching these horrible movies.
So as I have become a mature (imagine me saying this in a snooty voice- I am probably going to make another video just so I can say it because it’s so much fun) adult I have added zombie books to my always present zombie obsession. I decided that today I would share some of my favorite zombie books with you guys!
- Warm Bodies- so I will admit to you guys that I actually saw the movie before I read the book *gasp* and I loved the movie. It was a nice mix of zombies and comedy. One day I was browsing around my local bookstore (shout-out to indie bookstores who order anything they don’t have) and bam! There was the book. I figured it was destiny and bought it. I was not disappointed guys! It is basically a Romeo & Juliet story in zombie form! Read it!
- Breathers– I bought this book on a whim. It had a zombie on the front and the blurb on the back was pretty catchy. After reading it I realized it kind of reminded me of the movie Ahhh! Zombies! in the fact that they are both told from the zombie’s perspective which is a fun little new twist on an old genre. Breathers is definitely worth a read and I may actually start a re-read now!
- Pride & Prejudice & Zombies- I can shamelessly admit right now that I have not actually read Pride and Prejudice? I own a copy of course but I have yet to actually read it. I am not even sure I can after reading this version because even with zombies it was a little slow in parts. I think it was a fun read but I am not sure about a double read. I will however be watching the movie because duh! Its about zombies.
- Red Hill- I can honestly say that the thing that I was most excited about was the fact that Jamie McGuire wrote this book. I love her! And this isn’t something I was used to seeing from her so I figured why the heck not! The whole book was pretty great although I found the ending to be a bit rushed and a little disappointing. But as always- I like to give a book a fair shot if I liked it for the most part and this one is definitely on my re-read list!
- Alice in Zombieland– yes my friends this is real. It was a pretty good series although I was disappointed that it was not as Alice as I expected but if you look at it from a different stand point as something separate than its pretty good. It’s definitely a new twist on an old game and the main character (you guessed it-Alice!) is pretty witty which is my favorite. Worth reading!
What do you guys think? Are there some awesome zombie books out there that should be added to the list? I definitely want to read World War Z but didn’t add it since it isn’t on my shelf yet!